An excellent opportunity has arisen within a Clifton based Chartered Accountancy firm. The company is looking to add to their accounting and bookkeeping teams by bringing in an apprentice to work towards their AAT and then continue beyond as part of the company growth plans.
Duties will include:
- Post invoices to sales and purchase ledgers
- Post receipts and payments from bank statements
- Allocate receipts and payments and reconcile bank
- To collate client records as required – This may be physical filing of records or electronic scanning of records
- Post hours to payroll system
- Run weekly and monthly pay reconciliations
- To perform administration duties as required
You will be using the client’s accountancy software (VT accounts, Xero and Payroll Manager) with all work being under the supervision and guidance of senior staff. You will be supported and encouraged throughout your apprenticeship.
The company is looking for applications from positive and hardworking individuals who have a passion for numbers or a keen interest in pursuing a career within accountancy and finance. Needless to say, a good level of Maths and English is essential.
This role will involve college attendance one day per week.
Attention to detail
Ability to work to deadlines
GCSE Maths and English grades 9 to 4 (A*- C) or equivalent
37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with ½ hour lunch unpaid
£4.50 per hour
|Job Category||Accountancy Apprentice|
|Job Ref Number:||J2910|
Ability to learn, Can plan and organise, Can use technology, Good communicator
|Qualifications:||GCSE Maths and English grades 9 to 4 (A*- C) or equivalent|
|Job Category||Business & Finance|