Working across Kingsway, Quedgeley and Gloucester surgeries.
Are you friendly, caring and have an interest in working in the NHS? A busy doctor’s surgery in Gloucester is looking for an Apprentice Medical administrator/Receptionist with excellent communication skills, great attention to detail, and a caring nature.
This position will require you to work at multiple site locations, based in Gloucester, Quedgeley and Kingsway.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop administrative, communication & negotiation skills in a busy & challenging environment.
The Reception area is very busy. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work and think clearly under pressure, with competing distractions. It will not be an easy role but we hope you will find great satisfaction in offering our patients excellent service and will learn invaluable skills as you grow in ability and confidence with our support. The surgery provides primary care to 24,500 patients and is the largest GP surgery in Gloucestershire.
As a Medical Administrator Receptionist you will play a vitally important role in the quality of our patient’s visit to the Surgery by dealing with their queries or concerns in an efficient and professional manner. The job also requires a high level of confidentiality to be maintained at all times.
To work as a member of the team as a Medical receptionist.
- Booking patients in when they arrive at the practice for an appointment
- Helping patients book or amend appointments on the phone and face to face following the surgery’s booking protocol
- Correctly file prescriptions and give out to patients and pharmacies when requested
- Deal with queries and concerns from patients in a supportive & helpful manner
- Complete general administration duties such as filing, updating patient information, printing letters, faxing, photocopying and sending e-mails
- Provide support with appointment cancellations, online bookings and contact patients on behalf of clinical colleagues
- Inform senior colleagues of concerns about patients, or health & safety
- Confident. You will need to work well under pressure in an efficient and professional manner
- Good communicator. This role involves a lot of patient contact and you will need good interpersonal skills, patience & diplomacy
- Committed. To enhance the experience of patients and visitors
- Confidential. The role requires a high level of confidentiality to be maintained at all times
- Team player & able to work from own initiative. You will need to be a good team player with the ability to plan & manage your own workload
- It experience. You will need experience of using Microsoft packages and other IT software. We will provide training on our own computer systems
- Smart appearance. A uniform will be provided by the surgery
- You will need to be dedicated to develop your own skills and enhance your development
4 GCSEs grades 4 to 9 (grades A*- C) including English and Maths or equivalent
£5.00 per hour
37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday various shifts between the hours of 8.30am to 6.30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch. Hours will vary according to business needs
|Job Category||Apprentice Medical Administrator & Receptionist|
|Job Ref Number:||J2893|
|Skills Required:||Ability to learn, Can plan and organise, Team Player, Good communicator|
|Qualifications:||4 GCSEs grades 4 to 9 (grades A*- C) including English and Maths or equivalent|
|Job Category||Business & Finance|