A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Medical Receptionist to work within a medical practice based in both Gloucester and Highnam. The surgery offers a friendly, efficient and professional service to all patients and are looking for an apprentice to work within the supportive Reception team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop administrative, communication & negotiation skills in a busy & sometimes challenging environment. This role will entail a great deal of patient contact, both face-to-face and by telephone.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet patients and visitors to the practice
- Make sure patients book themselves in and all visitors are signed in per practice appointments and visitors procedures
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly
- Booking, amending and cancelling patient appointments
- Extract patient’s records if requested and prepare any other papers needed for the Consultation or Medicals
- Issue and supply prescriptions and distribute accordingly
- Answering incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly
- Check daily tasks and always complete before the end of the shift
- Ensure the Reception and waiting Area is left tidy and ready for use
- Be prepared to carry out relief duties that may be required at times of sickness, leave or other times of staff shortage in the Practice
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties which may be requested from time to time
- Co-operate in all matters with other members of the Practice Team, with a view to ensuring a happy atmosphere, greater job satisfaction and, above all, ever improving patient care
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures
Good communication will be essential coupled with a friendly, confident and enthusiastic approach
Strict patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times
- Ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness and be able to work under pressure without direct supervision
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and progress in the role
- Excellent communication skills and patience
- To be reliable and flexible
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic computer experience
- Team Worker
- Excellent Communication skills
Maths and English GCSE’s at grades 9 to 4 (A*to C ) or equivalent
The practice has two surgeries one in Longlevens and one in Highnam and the successful candidates will need to be able to travel between the two.
35 hours per week
Monday to Friday – flexibility is essential.
There are a number of shifts available between 8.30am and 6pm – The surgery also offers improved access which means that on occasion will be open until 8pm. You may be required to work these shifts with prior notice.
£4.50 per hour
|Job Category||Apprentice Medical Receptionist|
|Job Ref Number:||J2917|
Ability to learn, Shows initiative, Team player
|Qualifications:||Maths and English GCSE’s at grades 9 to 4 (A*to C ) or equivalent|
|Job Category||Business & Finance|