A great opportunity has arisen within Accord-UK, Barnstaple for an Assistant Buyer Apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will be offered training and study support.
Procurement teams are responsible for researching, sourcing, buying, storing, maintaining and delivering the equipment and goods needed to produce or support our products at the right time, the right cost and to the right quality. You’ll study for a higher level procurement qualification whilst gaining experience in procurement and buying.
Accord-UK is one of the world’s leading players in the development, manufacture, and sale of first-class generic pharmaceuticals.
To support the Barnstaple commercial and operations business by providing efficient processing and acquisition of goods and services required on a day to day basis.
• GCSE’s (English, Maths)
• Strong numerical and spreadsheet skills
• Strong communication skills
• Desire to complete Procurement training (CIPS)
The role will be around processing requisitions, expediting orders, query resolution, working with other departments and teams, working to deadlines, data analysis, prioritising and planning workloads etc.
During the period of the Apprenticeship work and responsibilities will be varied and could include:
• Processing requisitions and converting to Purchase orders
• Liaising with Suppliers to order goods and services
• Expediting orders
• Preparing weekly open order reports
• Supplier set ups
• Term sheets for completed contracts
• Invoice query resolution and problem solving
• Assisting Category Buyers and Procurement Managers with tasks such as minute taking, gathering data for projects, obtaining signatures on contracts, etc.
Such other duties and responsibilities as may be required to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will be offered training and study support for the CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply Operations (Level 4).
Tutorials/Workshops will take place at the place of employment and will be shared amongst other apprentices employers premises.
When not attending Tutorials/Workshops you will be working in placements around the business where you will be able to embed your learning.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. Any aspect in consultation with the post holder may be reviewed and revised as the business function requires.
• 5 GCSE’s at grade A*-C or 4-9 to include English and Maths.
• 3 A Levels at C or above or equivalent Level 3 qualification e.g. BTEC at Merit or Distinction
35.5 hours per week
Monday to Thursday – 8.30am to 16.30pm
Friday – 8.30am to 14.00pm
½ hour unpaid lunch except for Friday (no lunch break)
£8.13 per hour
|Job Category||Assistant Buyer Apprentice|
|Job Ref Number:||J2890|
|Skills Required:||Ability to learn, Can plan and organise, Team Player, Good communicator|
|Qualifications:||5 GCSE’s at grade A*-C or 4-9 to include English and Maths and 3 A Levels at C or above or equivalent Level 3 qualification e.g. BTEC at Merit or Distinction|
|Job Category||Business & Finance|