Accord-UK is one of the world’s leading players in the development, manufacture, and sale of first-class generic pharmaceuticals.
This is a training role working towards providing a comprehensive, multi-skilled engineering service covering the installation, commissioning, maintenance and modification of their plant equipment and services used in the manufacture, packaging and distribution of our pharmaceutical products. To achieve these objectives the Engineering Apprentice will complete of a recognised Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, undergoing a structured training programme.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Support maintenance and problem-solving activities across a wide variety of electro / mechanical production equipment and site service systems and equipment according to team and individual plans
- Learn to analyse, develop and implement cost effective solutions to improve machine efficiency, reliability and performance
- Gain experience to coordinate and deliver planned maintenance, offering flexibility in working hours according to business needs
- Ensure EHS, GMP and process / validation compliance via risk assessment, PUWER, LTV and manual handling adherence
- Ensure effective communication and customer service is delivered between all levels and shifts within your direct team and other departments, as required
- Gain knowledge and experience of planned and reactive maintenance schedules and constantly review and modify these to ensure accuracy, taking into account any manufacturer recommendations, experience and machine history to minimise breakdowns and maximise efficiencies
- Build confidence to liaise with contractors, engineering specialists, machine manufacturers and parts suppliers.
Relevant Skills & Experience:
- Keen to learn and apply developed skills in a responsible manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, proactive and dedicated approach to work
- Good IT skills, with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and databases and to learn new systems or programs
- Works well on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Good numeracy and literacy skills with strong attention to detail
- Methodical, logical and interested in how things work
- Good level of manual dexterity
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability for prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
5 GCSEs grades 4 to 9 (Grades A* – C) or equivalent, including English, Maths and a technically-based subject (e.g. Design & Technology).
38 hours per week
Monday to Friday – 8am to 4pm (including 1x 15min and 1x 30min Paid break)
£7.56 per hour
£287.28 per week
|Job Category||Engineering Maintenance Advanced Apprentice|
|Job Ref Number:||J2880|
|Skills Required:||Ability to learn, Can plan and organise, Can use technology, Good communicator|
|Qualifications:||5 GCSEs grades 4 to 9 (Grades A* – C) or equivalent, including English, Maths and a technically-based subject (e.g. Design & Technology)|