We have an opportunity for a Fabricator at a large friendly and family run window and door Manufacturer based in Bristol who are looking to expand their growing company.
The successful applicants will join a positive and successful team, developing industry recognised transferable skills along with making a great start on their career journey.
The company is an independent designer, manufacturer and installer of their own developed “Architectural Aluminium Systems” for the Commercial, Retail, Leisure, Education & Local Authority Construction Industry Sectors.
Purpose of the Role:
Fabrication of frames, windows, window fixings and fittings required in order to meet customer and client requirements. This is a hands-on role where attention to detail, ability to develop skills and knowledge will be key. You will be responsible for assembly of engineered product components in line with time schedules and quality standards. Your role is vital to the successful and timely manufacturing process upon which the company depends. You will be team and customer focussed in your approach.
- Ensure understanding of the job that is to be manufactured
- If necessary, prepare the bars that are to be fabricated
- Fitting of components to enable assembly of product. Components such as; cleats, brackets, closers, handles etc.
- Assembly of products
- Responsibility of necessary quality checks and signed off product
- Lifting and shifting of product into loading areas
- Support to own department on matters such as: production methods, manufacturing equipment and technologies
- Responsibility for the achievement and maintenance of any appropriate quality standard
- Feedback on improvements to processes and products
- To correctly use the departmental systems and processes, to operate them and assist in the development of these systems
- To maintain a reasonably up-to-date knowledge of relevant products in the Company’s market, of manufacturing technologies and methods of customer / construction industry standards and expectations, and of suppliers and contractors
- To continually seek to eradicate wasteful activity and minimise losses through the encouragement, recommendation and pursuit of improvement
- Some technical skills like reading and understanding technical drawings
- Some skills with tools and power tools e.g. DIY experience
- To be able work in team, support colleagues and ask for help when needed
- Be focused on efficiency and quality as well as health and safety
- Reliable and trustworthy
No previous experience necessary as training will be provided
Must be keen, enthusiastic and have a ‘can do attitude’ and be reliable.
£5.00 per hour
|Job Category||Fabrication Apprentice|
|Job Ref Number:||J2899|
|Skills Required:||Technical skills, imagination, Reliable and Trustworthy|
|Qualifications:||GCSE’s at grade 9-3 (A*- D) to include Maths and English|