We have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to gain valuable skills in fabrication, sheet metal work and welding. You will learn both traditional and modern methods as part of your training.
The successful applicant will join a positive and successful team, developing industry recognised transferable skills along with making a great start on their career journey.
The company is well known and the customer base is varied covering a number of different areas, from portable catering facilities and cold-stores through to hospitality units, construction industry and the IT sector. All jobs have a focus on quality and excellent service for the client.
- Ensure understanding of the job that is to be manufactured
- If necessary prepare what needs to be fabricated
- Assembly of products
- Responsibility of necessary quality checks and signed off product
- Lifting and shifting of product into loading areas
- Support to own department on matters such as: production methods, manufacturing equipment and technologies
- Responsibility for the achievement and maintenance of any appropriate quality standard
- Feedback on improvements to processes and products
- To correctly use the departmental systems and processes, to operate them and assist in the development of these systems
- To maintain a reasonably up-to-date knowledge of relevant products in the Company’s market, of manufacturing technologies and methods, of customer / construction industry standards and expectations, and of suppliers and contractors
- To continually seek to eradicate wasteful activity and minimise losses
- To develop, maintain and oversee adherence to the department’s training plans in pursuit of above
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety at all times
No previous experience necessary as training will be provided
Must be keen, enthusiastic and have a ‘can do attitude’
Reliable and trustworthy as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
GCSE grade 3 to 9 (A* to D) or equivalent in English, Maths and IT
40 hours per week
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch
£5.00 per hour
|Job Category||Sheet Metal and Welding Apprentice|
|Job Ref Number:||J2913|
Ability to learn, Shows initiative, Team player
|Qualifications:||GCSE grades 3 to 9 (A* to D) or equivalent in English, Maths and IT|
|Job Category||Engineering, Manufacturing|